Thursday, June 22, 2006

Under the cover of darkness.

It's been said,
and perhaps proven by scripture,
that God has done his most important work
Out of the cover of darkness.

Creation,
The cross.

On Monday evening this week
I had just settled in to watch "Robots"
With my friend Nathan
The phone rang, and another friend began to tell me of
a marriage disaster, and the intense pain of betrayal.
While in this conversation, call waiting was beeping insistantly
Not wanting to answer I let it go
THen my cell rang,
and I had Nate answer and take the message.
I knew it must be something important
When I called back, I found out that one of my students had committed suicide by hanging himself.

I'm reeling from that
as are the school and community

God do your best work here,
It feels so very dark.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your words ring loudly of truth. It is impossible to see how He can or will "work all things for the good of those who love Him and who are called according to His purpose" under the shrowds of darkness we tarry under daily and we have it good if we dare to compare to those who are really hurting with primary needs cut off or closer to the center of darkness at a given moment. Thank you for reminding me that God works at His best when things are at their worst.

Anonymous said...

Cousin:
I can't believe I haven't found your blog before, but I'm glad to be here today.I love your slam poem.
I hope I'll get to see you at camp and have a good yak about life.
And I'll be talking to God about you, calling for His work to be clear despite the darkness.
Heather in PA
saeditor@sasktel.net