Monday, April 30, 2007

Camping taxes your mind.


Went out camping for the first time this year,
headed straight west to the lakeside
then hiked a short distance North into the
Eastshore Wildlife Mangement Zone.
This is one of my favorite areas
a narrow stip about one kilometre wide running
along most of the east shore of Last Mountain Lake.
The natural prairie has been preserved here, and wildlife is abundant


The crocuses are in full bloom
pressing their way though the dense last year's grass.
The air was full of waterfowl
and they continued through the night
with their calls and warbles.
I did not get much sleep.



I sat up and watched a beaver swim back and forth in front of me
curious as to what I was,
several times it swam up to the shallows stood up and stared at me
then after becoming comfortable with my presence
went about it's search for food.
I've never heard such loud chewing!
With the birds and the beaver, there was not much hope for a restful night.
So tossing and turning I lay under the moonlight
This was a bit too of a struggle through depression
Coming to terms with who I am (have become)
It's a greater challenge than I ever imagined.


I had been internally kicking myself over lack of foresight(again)
regardign income tax. And having not held any reserve funds
I was anxious over what had come to a rather large amount
(It was a good year for sales!)
So after the night of wrestling
I drove home to edit the new photographs
My best patron phoned wondering if she could stop by and pick up some pottery.
we agreed that Sunday afternoon would be best.
God's been putting His thumb on my self reliance lately
and trying to turn me to trusting Him again fully.

Sunday afternoon came
And this lovely Christian lady,
though she may not have been aware of it,
came as a gift from God,
and left me with my taxes paid
and money in the bank to spare.
What grace to walk in.
Thank you Lord.


Hmm,
God bringing good out of the thorns of my own foolishness
now the lesson is to not continue in sin
hoping that grace may increase.

Peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jeff....I always feel like a "peeping tom" if I am reading someones blog without their knowledge. So... yes, I do check in on yours quite regularily and especially enjoy the nature shots. You have amazing photography skills. How come one guy gets all those creative gifts and I stick needles in people all day and clean my house?
It is interesting to me when you reveal life in Duval.... I'm not sure I could do that. ..even if it is my husband's old stomping grounds.
I pray for you often, as I see your concerns surface in your wtitings. Keep it coming... perhaps I will see you at Arlington this summer... my favorite place on earth. Blessings... Linda Hilderman