Sunday, May 28, 2006

Legacy

What a legacy you've left
my dear elder friend,
such love and joy
to which I have borne
proud witness.

Early Friday morning,
My Grandfather
passed away.

I'm up at my parent's in
Spiritwood SK,
putting together
all the video I've shot of Grandpa,
and sitting in the midst
of my relative's reflections
on this great man.
Well beloved
in his community,
a man of many talents,
and the genetic source
I am sure of my creative impulses!.

Always quick with a joke,
and a huge smile.
Generous, fun loving,
gentle and eloquent.
But most of all faithful in prayer,
for his wife, family and friends.
Loving God with his whole heart.

Farewell.
And see you in Heaven someday
I love you Grandpa.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeff,

Itis great to see that you have a blog as well. I will now be able to read to find out how you are instead of meeting at family functions every 6 months...or I could finally put my money where my mouth is and come visit. Glad to have your link, pop by my site sometime if you would like.

Dust