Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Utah Day one and Two

So here I am on this trip

The last stop I made in Regina was Starbucks for an iced chai tea
Picked up my order and turned around to see Aunt Sherry!
Great to have someone to chat with before the long road
And she paid for some pottery picked up earlier
Enough for a tank of gas :)

Don't know what is in store for me this trip but here are a few things to look forward to
Virgin Utah
Mountain biking and rock climbing in Zion National Park
Boulder City, Nevada and kayaking in Lake Mead
Baja Californina, Mexico
Columbia River, Washington

Right now I am in Livingstone Montana
The general area where most of one of my favorite movies
"A River Runs Through It" was filmed.
Stopped in to put some tires on the van,
and have an alignment done
Slept somewhere between Sidney and Billings pulling in after dark and finding the campsite totally empty.
Woke up to an incredible orange sunrise
Deer coming out of the woods to drink at the river
Hit the road at 6am
SO early compared to my schedule of the past few weeks.


Have traveled around 1050 km so far Just over half way to Virgin Utah

Asking God for a vision
an idea of where I am to go with the filmmaking urges
what to shoot and how to do it
what kind of viewpoint

Realized this morning how greatly I love clouds
Driving through the landscape with only blue sky
I found it boring,
but when I journeyed further into clouded skies my spirits were lifted.

Am looking forward to shooting Tom and Rob biking and climbing
and the teams and support crews in Baja.
And shooting some underwater in the ocean
I think I may need to pick up a wide angle and zoom lens at the Sony Store in Vegas.



Observations:

the number of towns with crystal meth billboards,
Meth = Death
Once is too much

Not something we have a problem with yet in Duval
(that I know of)

No comments: