Thursday, May 17, 2007

Seeds



On my trip to Mud Lake,
the place where I was stuck
removed around 15 woodticks
and basically had a good time.

But it has me thinking about living life in reaction mode.
If we have been warned a number of times regarding danger
why then do we still so often end up in a situation where
it is forced on us to react to the consequences of our actions
or inactions
instead of proactive preventative actions

Maybe the bigger question is why at 35 am I still having to ask this question?

Perhaps my ADhd tendancies, perhaps my distracted creative temperment.
but more importantly the lack of discipline.
I know I must live my life with lists
or the important things will be forgotten.
yet I write lists and forget to use them
write lists and file them away unread
thinking in some sort of ego's haze
"I'll remember them this time."
Each notation on the lines of lists
a seed full of potential for growth.
like a packet of garden seeds
individually waiting to be plucked out
and planted in a place prepared
and the whole a garden of sustainance and beauty
I've never been a very good gardener.

Time to go to work.

No comments: