Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Self Portraits


There 's something about the image I have of myself,
sometimes distorted, inflated or deflated. It seems seldom that I see
clearly the truth behind what it is I am made to do, to be.
The gifts which God has given for the uplifting of others,
are surprisingly, as I use them,
uplifting to myself as well.
Those things which when I get lost in
am enthralled by
and want to participate in
for only myself,
those are the ones where
too often I see myself sadly as a product of my failures,
rather than my failures as a product of my choices,
and myself as able to choose, at next crossroad, wisely.
(having learned of course the hard way)
Good is in the purpose of everything.
God has loved us enough to give us
the opportunity to see
the good working
everywhere.
delight or despair.
And good to give we all have
in abundance
only it rarely looks like Hollywood.


If my home for now is in my skin
Then the good things I can enter in.
Home movies deserve home music.
I want to make something you can dance to.

Take the fallen places and believe in good unexpected
See the hand of God in every opportunity
and excavate a bit of the good for someone today.
For our selves are the only portraits of us others can see.

Maybe tomorrow your self portrait will be
the one to polish this world to a high shine for someone.
I ramble on.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

your images have polished my world for sure. you are lovely (and loved).